Friday, April 22, 2011

Turning Points 2000: Chapter 9

Involving community is one of the tasks I think I'll struggle with the most when becoming a teacher. Other than sending home notices, frequent emailing or even phone calling, what can I do as an educator without seeming invasive to students' and parents' lives? As a person, I highly enjoy working with people, so I can see myself as being a fairly active community member. I also believe in being proactive by seeking out the support of others before I need it. Hopefully this will enable me to make some sort of connection with the school's surrounding area in order to engage their involvement with functions. I suppose it depends on the community.

Although I am nervous for interactions with parents, I am sure I will learn where the concerning boundaries are as I become more practiced as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment