Saturday, January 22, 2011

Meet Me in the Middle: Chapter 2

Chapter 2 discussed the importance of motivating students in their learning and some strategies for enacting that feel in your own classroom. The section I found to be the most vital was the one on meeting students' learning needs. Knowing our students' learning styles and their individual intelligences helps us to develop more meaningful and effective lessons which aids in the success of all students. Not only does it benefit us in our class preparation, but I also believe this information enables students to become more self aware and interested in their own learning. Since becoming aware of my own learning and communication styles, I have found myself to be more of an active learner and often making adjustments to given assignments so that I can approach them in the way that is most beneficial to me. I would like my students to have these same resources available to them so that they might also have a more enriching experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment