Saturday, January 22, 2011

Meet Me in the Middle: Chapter 17

Chapter 17 discussed the very nature of adolescents. Most of the time, when something is made public about this age group, it is portrayed negatively. Very rarely is the public made aware of the incredible accomplishments made by these children. I do agree with Wormeli, that it is part of our job as teachers to give credit where credit is due. During such a difficult time in life, these students can use all the support they can get.

(I know the following quote doesn't really relate to my response, but it was too good to pass up)

"Either they weren't ready to receive what I had to offer, or I wasn't offering what they needed. But somewhere inside, they were germinating the seeds of what they could become."

No comments:

Post a Comment