Monday, January 31, 2011

Meet Me in the Middle: Chapter 11

This chapter was about the structure of functional teaming within middle grades education. I think this model sounds beneficial to all involved and it definitely mirrors my own views on teaching. But however fantastic the idea might be, it has been my experience that the application of such a structure is difficult. There are some teachers who believe wholeheartedly in teaming while there are others who would rather middle school be built in a more high school preparatory way. This division among staff can lead to faults in the teaming experience and a disconnect for the students. In my personal opinion, I believe teachers who disagree with the set model of a school should not work at that particular institution instead of being an counteractive part in the middle school movement. Support and dedication from all educators is key to making this a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment